Parent / Teacher Resources
This collection is designed to support parents, teachers, faith based educators, education students and early childhood professionals in their work and includes materials related to:
- Educational methods and philosophies
- Educational content areas (History, Geography, Music, Art, Science and Environment, Reading
- Patterns and reproducibles
- Child development and behavior
- Diverse populations, including WI First Nations
- Subscriptions to Booklinks and Practical Homeschooling magazines
Resource Kits with hands-on content in subject areas such as:
- Basic Concepts (colors, shapes, telling time)
- Phonics and reading skills
- Flannel, magnet, puppet and other manipulative storytelling kits
- Power Pack Social Emotional Learning Kits
If you have suggestions for items you’d like to see purchased for this collection, please share with us. Your feedback helps us build a collection that is useful to you!
Some organizations that may help you get started:
- WPA:Families in Chippewa County that are transitioning to a Homeschool education may find additional guidance with the Wisconsin Parents Association Region 3 Reps, Barbara & David Duerkop. Phone Number (715) 334-3583 or (715) 334-3583.
- CHEA: Wisconsin Christian Home Educators Association is a non-profit (501c3) ministry dedicated to serving ALL home educators in the state of Wisconsin
- HSLDA:Home School Legal Defense Association is a nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedoms.
- MACHE: Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators is a statewide organization for parents who have chosen to home educate. MÂCHÉ serves Minnesota home educators year round, endeavoring to provide them with information and to act as an effective vehicle to facilitate and safeguard Christian home education opportunities in Minnesota. Many families in western WI have found this group to be an excellent additional resource.
Act 31 Resources for Teaching about Wisconsin’s Native Nations
Wisconsin First Nations – lesson plans, videos, and additional resources
Department of Public Instruction Tribal Nations of Wisconsin – links to websites of all our tribal nations
Chippewa Falls Public Library
105 W Central St
Chippewa Falls WI 54729
Summer Hours- Memorial Day through Labor Day
Monday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm