For important information about the AARP Tax Aide program held at the Senior Center in Chippewa Falls. Please call 1-651-300-2431. This is not a senior center program so please don’t call the senior center.
December 12, 2023
EAU CLAIRE, Wis. – Royal Credit Union is partnering with Chippewa Valley Technical College and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to provide assistance to community members with their tax returns. VITA was created to provide free income tax return assistance to taxpayers who cannot afford to pay for professional help. VITA volunteers provide free tax assistance to anyone with an adjusted gross annual income of $66,000 or less including disabled, non-English speaking, senior citizens and special needs taxpayers.
This service will be available on Thursdays from noon to 4 p.m. from February 1 until April 11, with the exception of March 21. Services will be provided at CVTC’s Business Education Center at 620 W. Clairemont Avenue in Eau Claire. Appointments for VITA are required due to the very limited capacity of the program; appointments can be made online through this link or by calling 800-341-9911 and dialing extension 6.
Tax returns are prepared by student volunteers from Chippewa Valley Technical College who have taken the steps to become certified by the IRS and the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. VITA offers free basic income tax return preparation and e-filing. Taxpayers with complicated returns or questions will be referred to an IRS publication, to the IRS, or to seek private professional assistance. Eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis by the VITA volunteer. Those that take advantage of this unique service are asked to bring photo ID, social security cards for taxpayer and all dependents, earnings statements, a copy of their tax return from last year, forms 1095(A, B or C) affordable health care statements, rent certificates from landlord or property tax statement, and financial institution’s routing and account numbers for direct deposit. Royal Credit Union is among a number of credit unions in Wisconsin who are taking the initiative to help build financially strong, self-supporting families and communities by offering innovative services like VITA.
Current Forms Available
The State of Wisconsin is NOT sending any instruction books this year. To get instructions please contact the Forms request office, Wisconsin Department of Revenue. PO Box 8949 Madison WI 53708-8949. (608) 226-2486.
- Rent Certificate for Homestead Credit Claims
- Schedule H/H-EZ – Instruction Booklet
- Form 1
- Form 1NPR – Form – Nonresident & Part-Year Resident Income Tax
- Form 1 – Instructions – Resident Income Tax
- Form 1 – Form – Resident Income Tax
- Form 1 – Instructions – Subtractions from Income
- Form 1 – Subtractions from Income
- Form 1 – Instructions – Additions to Income
- Form 1 – Additions to Income
- Schedule WD – Instructions – Capital Gains and Losses
- Schedule WD – Schedule – Capital Gains and Losses
Unemployment Insurance Tax Information
1099-G Tax Information provided by the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
1099-G Tax information – dwd.wi.gov/uiben/1099.htm
Why do I need a 1099-G tax form?
- Unemployment insurance benefits are taxable income
What information is on a 1099-G tax form?
- Unemployment benefits paid to you
- Federal and state income taxes withheld from your benefits
- Repayments of overpaid benefits
Where do I get my 1099-G tax form?
- View or print a copy of your current or previous year forms online https://my.unemployment.wisconsin.gov
- Log on using your username and password, then go to the “Unemployment Services” menu to access your 1099-G tax forms
When can I get my 1099-G tax form?
- Information for the most recent tax year will be available online in mid-January: https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uiben/1099.htm
Who do I ask about how to fill out my Form 1040 or Wisconsin Form 1?
Chippewa Falls Public Library
105 W Central St
Chippewa Falls WI 54729
School Year Hours Labor Day through Memorial Day
Monday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm